Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale
Tickets are sold by Leeds City Council, Leeds City Centre Box Office, Leeds Town Hall, The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 3AD on behalf of producers, promoters and event organisers, including Leeds City Council events and seasons. When booking you acknowledge that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, except in the case of a materially altered or cancelled performance/event. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to check all tickets at the time of purchase or on arrival (by post/email), and to promptly make the box office team aware of any mistakes so they can be rectified.
- Tickets must not be sold or resold without the express permission of Leeds City Centre Box Office and the promoter of the event.
- Any resale, or attempt to sell tickets at a higher price than originally purchased, will result in the order being cancelled without prior notification.
- Agency tickets are accepted on the understanding that the agent is acting for the customer and not for Leeds City Council. The customer should make themselves aware of the ticket agents’ own terms and conditions of sale (which may differ from those written here) when booking through a third party/agent as their acceptance of those terms is with said agent.
- When booking discounted tickets, proof of eligibility is required. Tickets may be held at box office whilst proof is checked or requested on entry to the venue.
- All ticket prices quoted are for tickets purchased in advance of the event. The promoter reserves the right to change the advertised price at any time.
No booking fee is applied to events owned and presented directly by Leeds City Council. A standard booking fee of 10% applies to all other events unless otherwise stated.
In the event of a refund, the booking fee will be retained by Leeds City Centre Box Office. Only the ticket value will be refunded. This includes, but is not limited to: event cancellations, customer requested refunds (where offered), illness, or reasons outside of the control of the event host.
As a result of fast changing Government directions in response to the pandemic and increased infections rates, there is an ever present possibility that our events run the risk of being cancelled at short notice. Customers are advised to check that the event they have booked for is going ahead prior to setting off. Therefore to avoid disappointment and inconvenience please visit our website, social media channels or call the Box Office on 0113 376 0318 (Mon-Fri between 10am to 4pm).
Our indoor events are a crucial part of the process in helping live music performances return safely for both artists and audiences. The following measures are now in place at The Carriageworks Theatre to ensure the safety and comfort of the audience during their visit:
– Hand sanitising stations on entry and around the venue
– Clearly marked one-way system around the venue
– Socially distanced seating arrangements with predetermined entrance times
– Socially distanced toilet facilities. We ask that customers access the toilet facilities before the concert as re-entrance during the performance may not be possible.
11. Face Coverings: everyone is expected to wear a face covering unless excused for reasons of age, health or disability. If you are feeling unwell (or suspect you have coronavirus) please do not attend the event.
12. Latecomers cannot be admitted.
13. Photography is not permitted during the event.
14. Customers are kindly requested to stay seated during the performance and remain seated at the end of the event until staff advise you of your exit route.
15. Please be aware that there will be no bars/refreshment stations open before or after the event and there is no interval.
16. NHS Test and Trace
Customer contact details and the time you are present in our building will be recorded for NHS Test and Trace purposes. In accordance with NHS requirements this information will be held for 21 days and, if asked, we will provide them to NHS Test and Trace.
Please be reassured that your information will be stored securely, in line with data protection laws, and will not be shared with anyone else. We will also not use your data for anything else like marketing. We are doing this to help reduce the risk of any local outbreak – by sharing your information NHS Test and Trace can quickly identify people who have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and ask them to take the necessary precautions.
16. For the safety and comfort of all customers, bags larger than a handbag will not be permitted into the auditorium.
17. We ask that you leave large bags at home. When this is not possible any larger bags may have to be stored away (a charge may apply).
18. The management reserves the right to carry out bag/property checks when necessary. Anyone who declines a search will not be admitted.
19. Children under 3 may not be admitted unless the performance is specifically for young children. Tickets are required for any child aged 12 months+ that attends a performance. Babes in arms (under 12 months) do not require a ticket.
20. Parents are reminded that some performances are not suitable for young children.
21. We do not advise that children under 14 attend the theatre without a responsible adult and venue staff accept no responsibility for any unaccompanied children under 16.
22. If your child is causing a disturbance to other customers, you will be asked to remove them from the auditorium and no refunds will be given.
23. Age guidance is to assist individuals in judging the suitability of a production at the time of booking, however, Leeds City Centre Box Office accepts no responsibility for any offence which may be caused.
24. Age guidance may relate to themes of an adult nature, language, nudity or themes/content considered unsuitable for younger audiences.
25. The management reserves the right to change the advertised arrangements of any performance in the event of illness or any cause beyond our reasonable control. This includes the non-appearance of any named artist.
26. The management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder (and take appropriate action to enforce this right) for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or failure to comply with the reasonable requests of venue staff. If admission is refused no monies shall be refunded.
27. The management reserves the right to reallocate the booked seat without refund.
28. Processing fees will not be refunded in the event of a cancellation or rescheduled performance.
29. Special Offers: When advertised special offers may be subject to availability and restrictions. No two offers can be used in conjunction with one another. For clarity, a special offer is any offer that isn’t a standard price or concession ticket. Special offers include (but are not limited to) subscriptions, family tickets, group rates, and early bird discounts.
30. Schools rates: Schools concessions (when applicable) are intended to enable educational establishments to bring groups of pupils or students to performances at a reduced rate. They are not transferable to adults and cannot be used by groups of staff. Any accompanying adult tickets given are for an adult who is responsible for the behaviour of the children in the party.