Plan Your Visit
Situated in The Electric Press building, at the heart of Millennium Square, the theatre showcases the best national and international touring productions, and has quickly established itself as a key destination for audiences looking for an entertaining, inspiring and adventurous night out.
The Electric Press
3 Millennium Square
How to find us
The main entrance to the theatre is situated on Millennium Square within The Electric Press. You will find our ticket office, Leeds Ticket Hub, here on the ground floor. From the entrance on Great George Street, through The Electric Press Courtyard, there are 6 steps to the ground floor ticket office and a lift to all levels.
Visit our Venue Access page for more information.
Whilst we encourage our audience to attend the theatre using public transport, we realise this is not always possible. If attending with friends, please consider car sharing to help us to reduce our carbon footprint.
The nearest blue badge parking can be found on Alexander St, St Anne’s St. Please note, there is not currently blue badge parking on Cookridge St.
Street parking and secure car park options available nearby include:
- Portland Crescent Car Park pay and display short stay. Located off Portland Crescent near Leeds Civic Hall, Portland Crescent. Open all day with a maximum stay of 5 hours before 6pm.
- The Light Multi Story Car Park long stay open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Located via Dudley Way off Great George Street on the Leeds City Loop.
- John’s Shopping Centre Multi Story Car Park long stay. Open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Located off Merrion Street on the Leeds City Loop.,
- Woodhouse Lane Multi Story Car Park. Open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Located opposite Leeds Metropolitan University, with access from the inner ring road.
The Carriageworks Theatre can be accessed from Great George Street (LS1 3DW), through the Electric Press courtyard entrance. Due to on-going roadworks, we recommend you visit the alternative routes page for the most up to date road access across Leeds City Centre.
Leeds City Train Station is ten minutes’ walk from the Carriageworks Theatre (located in the Electric Press Development) and Millennium Square.
The closest bus stops are on The Headrow, serving the following bus routes:
- Beeston Line
- Headingley Line
- Meanwood Line
- Old Farnley Line
- St James’s Line
- Leeds City Bus
For visitors to daytime events, why not consider using the Park and Ride services from Elland Road, Temple Green or Stourton? Please note that Park and Ride services stop around 8pm.
For bus services and timetable information please contact West Yorkshire Metro: 0113 245 7676 or visit the website for West Yorkshire Travel Information: www.wymetro.co.uk
We are located just off Leeds city centre’s signed cycle route, with various options for cycle parking available nearby including:
- Outside Leeds Central Library
- Great George Street
- Rossington Street
More info can be found at www.sustrans.org.uk